Evergreen Landcare has been contracted by Beca Carter Hollings & Ferner Ltd to do the landscaping component of the Masterton Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade for the Masterton District Council.
The contract involves a landscaping component which Evergreen will complete and an irrigation component which we have employed “Think Water, Hawkes Bay’’ as a subcontractor we carry out these works.
The contract consists of the following:
- Site Preparation which involves spraying to kill all vegetation, which is then followed by cultivation and levelling using specialist equipment.
- Design and installation of a buried drip-line irrigation system to apply treated effluent wastewater to the grassed and planted areas.
- Design and installation of a pump house, pumps and suction pipework, and a filter system sufficient to filter effluent to avoid blockages to the drip-line system.
- A 5 metre wide strip of riparian NZ native landscape planting along the Makoura Stream and Makoura Stream Diversion. There are approximately 24,000 plants to install including mulch mats and plant shelters using a ‘Combie Guard’ system to each individual plant.
- There is also a designated site nursery for replacement planting that has been allocated.
- There is approximately a 3 metre wide grassed strip on each side of the planting strip that has also been completed.
- Lastly there is also a maintenance, management and defects obligation of the landscape planted areas and the irrigation system to carry out as well.