Airborne dust particles have a detrimental effect on many different aspects of our daily life, whether it’s within our Industry or personal life.
Why is dust a problem?
Airborne dust from construction / industry sites is a problem for a number of reasons, it can:
- Create health problems, particularly for those with respiratory problems.
- Cause environmental degradation, including air and water pollution.
- Create problems with visibility.
- Damage or dirty property and belongings.
- Create unsafe working conditions.
- Machinery degradation – clogs up filters reducing running efficiency, causes wear on bearings and other running parts.
What are the benefits of effective dust control?
There are a number of benefits associated with effective dust control:
- Enhanced business reputation.
- Better working conditions for staff.
- Better working relationships with clients and the community.
- Improvements in relations with regulatory authorities, e.g. Local Government.
- Reduction of health risks resulting from air pollution.
- Reduction in air & water pollution.
- Fewer disturbances to existing flora and fauna habitats.
- Helps with erosion control and soil stabilisation.
To ensure your business or company complies with ever increasing environmental pressures, Evergreen Landcare can provide a number of different dust suppressant products to suit your specific needs.
These products can be used and are successful over a wide variety of surfaces, from unsealed local government roads to underground mine roads, capable of tolerating the heaviest of vehicles and traffic intensity and most importantly they can be used in environmentally sensitive areas.
Specialised dust suppressant products require fewer maintenance applications than normal water cart applications.
As well as being used for dust control, products can also be used to help benefit soil stabilisation and erosion control.
‘When Dust is affecting your operational safety and productivity then give one of the team a call and we can discuss with you and organise a specific dust suppression programme most suited to your site specifics’.